Marrowfat Peas 3kg
Marrowfat Peas 3kg
Marrowfat peas, also known as field peas, are a large, starchy variety of pea. They are typically harvested in the summer and dried for later use. Marrowfat peas are a popular ingredient in British and Irish cuisine, and are often used to make mushy peas, a traditional side dish served with fish and chips.
Marrowfat peas are a good source of protein, fibre, and complex carbohydrates. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and iron.
Here are some of the health benefits of eating marrowfat peas:
- Reduced risk of heart disease: Marrowfat peas are a good source of fibre, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Improved blood sugar control: Marrowfat peas are a good source of complex carbohydrates, which are digested slowly and help to keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Promoted weight loss: Marrowfat peas are a low-calorie food that is high in protein and fibre, making them a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight.
- Improved digestive health: Marrowfat peas are a good source of fibre, which can help to keep the digestive system healthy. Fibre helps to add bulk to stool and keep things moving through the digestive tract.
- Boosted immune system: Marrowfat peas are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and iron. These nutrients are essential for a healthy immune system.
Marrowfat peas are a delicious and nutritious addition to any diet. They are a convenient and versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes.
Here are some ideas for using marrowfat peas:
- Make mushy peas: Soak marrowfat peas in water overnight, then cook them in boiling water until tender. Mash the peas with a fork or potato masher, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add marrowfat peas to soups and stews: Marrowfat peas can add a hearty flavour and texture to soups and stews.
- Use marrowfat peas in salads: Add cooked marrowfat peas to salads for a boost of protein and fibre.
- Make a marrowfat pea spread: Mash cooked marrowfat peas with butter, garlic, and herbs for a delicious and nutritious spread.
- Use marrowfat peas in baked goods: Marrowfat peas can be added to muffins, breads, and other baked goods for a boost of protein and fibre.
Marrowfat peas are a delicious and nutritious ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. They are a convenient and versatile way to enjoy the health benefits of peas.